Council meeting was held through Virtual Platforms
Mogwase- On the 30th June 2020, Moses Kotane Local Municipality held a virtual council meeting with councilors participating whilst in different locations.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Outbreak, Moses Kotane Local Municipality continues to use virtual platforms to hold its important meetings.
Ward 10 Cllr George Moatshe is currently appointed as a Acting speaker of council until further notice. This is the third time in which Cllr George Moatshe chairs Moses Kotane Local Municipality Council during Lockdown period.
Some or the items that were tabled today are as follow:
- item 171/05/ 2020: Reviewed of Staff Establishment.
- item 202/ 06/2020 : MKLM Business Regulation and permit By- Laws.
- item 215/06/ 2020: Adoption of the Final amended IDP/ Budget for Financial Year 2020 /2021.
As part of continuing managing Covid-19, the following were implemented :
-before Council councillors were sanitized.
- not all Councilors were allowed to be in one place. Only few numbers to allow compliance with formation of Quaorum were allowed, the rest were connecting at Home.
- Masks were Mandatory.
- Councilors were not strictly sitting where their names are to allow social distance between them.
Issued by Communications Unit of Moses Kotane Local Municipality